Jordan Greenhall talks about "Combining Intuition with Rational Mind - a more effective solution in Business" in this episode of the Intuitive Leadership Mastery Podcast with host Michael Light. Jordan is now in his seventeenth year of building disruptive technology companies. Classic “Ready Player One” style 80’s nerd. Comics, science fiction, computers, way too much TV and role-playing games. Oh, so many role playing games. Naturally, these interests led to a deep dive into contemporary philosophy (particularly the works of Gilles Deleuze and Manuel DeLanda), artificial intelligence and complex systems science in college in the early 90’s and then, as the Internet was exploding into the world, a few years at Harvard Law School of all places where he spent time with Larry Lessig, Jonathan Zittrain and Cornel West examining the coevolution of human civilization and technology.
Here are some of the topics discussed in the podcast:
- Jordan's creative and writing process that lets him write in depth new ideas such as in his viral article "Situational Assessment 2017". And the role of intuition in this.
- Why getting inside your opponent's OODA loop is key in politics or business.
Observe Orient Decide Act
- The highest bandwidth OODA loop wins.
- What is a meme is and why it matter to your business + the dark arts of copywriting
- The medium is the message - the change in tech is a phase quality shift - changes the game and unpredicabile
- Why fighting the "last war" is a mistake in politics or business
- World Culture War II: The opportunities in the dramatic current changes in sense and nature of identity, meaning, and purpose
- Actions to take now
- Jordan's Situational Assessment 2017: Trump Edition https://medium.com/deep-code/situational-assessment-2017-trump-edition-d189d24fc046#.dtku79bam
- Jordan's Situational Analysis 2017 https://medium.com/deep-code/situational-assessment-2017-trump-edition-d189d24fc046#.15mdrg3qk
- Vinital (sp?) Roy - redefined reality as how much is shared - how realized it is
- A meme https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture". A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Memes are the cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dwakins https://www.amazon.com/Selfish-Gene-Anniversary-Landmark-Science-ebook/dp/B01GI5F2FS/?tag=abundant0e-20
- The Meme Machine Susan Blackwell https://www.amazon.com/Meme-Machine-Popular-Science/dp/019286212X/?tag=abundant0e-20
- Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator by Ryan Holiday https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0074VTHH0/?tag=abundant0e-20
- The Zeitgeist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_(film_series)
- The Medium and the Message: Understanding the Information World by Marshall McLuhan https://www.amazon.com/Medium-Message-Understanding-Information-World/dp/1635358566/?tag=abundant0e-20
- The OODA loop by John Boyd https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OODA_loop
- The 7 Day Startup: You Don't Learn Until You Launch by Dan Norris https://www.amazon.com/Day-Startup-
- War in Age of Intelligent Machine by Manuel De Landa https://www.amazon.com/War-Intelligent-Machines-Manuel-Landa/dp/0942299752/?tag=abundant0e-20
Learn more about Jordan Greenhall at: